Would you like to explore Mount Etna in one day?
We offer trekking on Mount Etna with highly specialized guides, departing from Catania with a possibility of departure from Palermo. It is a trekking of moderate difficulty, at about 2000 meters above sea level. Along the way you will see various lava flows, among which the eruption of 1991/93.
- Pick-up your accommodation (in Catania and inland) or at the bus/train station for those coming from outside.
- A pleasurable interlude at a beekeeping family-run business and its honey-extracting lab to taste a selection of honey, wines, extra-virgin olive oils and other typical Etna produce
- Visit of the lava flow 1991-1993
- Exploration of a typical lava cave formed during the past eruptions. (Helmets and caving lights are provided by our guides)
- An easy-going trekking at about 2000 meters above sea level, to explore ancient and recent craters and admire the Ionian landscape gradually sinking into the evening blue and the interplay between the coloured glinting city lights and the twinkling starry sky. (Trekking suitable for any fitness levels)
- Visit of Valle Del Bove (Valley of the Ox ) a huge Caldera formed as a result of the collapse of some ancient craters
- Drop-off at your accommodation (in Catania and inland) or at the bus/train station for those coming from outside.
For those arriving from Palermo
It takes about 2:40 to get from Palermo to Catania with the train. The bus to Catania leaves from the Palermo bus station, next to the train station, and the cost of the return ticket is € 24.20. You can buy a ticket at the station (Piazza Cairoli, the company is SAIS). We recommend that you take it in advance!
If you wish to organize a private transfer, contact us for further information.